Atlanta has become one of the top music cities in the nation.
Some even say the A is a trend setter for mainstream music. One thing is clear, the city and its surrounding areas have become prime destinations for world class music festivals. Over the last few years, multiple have popped up and join the long list of events. Let’s see….there’s CounterPoint Music Festival, Music Midtown, Shaky Knees, SweetWater 420 Fest, A3C Hip Hop Festival, Atlanta Jazz Festival, and TomorrowWorld.
There’s a new kid on the scene for the Fall 2014 season! The inaugural Imagine Music Festival will be held right in downtown Atlanta on Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend (August 30 & 31). The festival will be testing out a new location. (The event was originally planned to be in Atlantic Station where Shaky Knees was held this year. Probably a good move to switch after complaints about this years’ Shaky Knees feeling like it was in the middle of a shopping center.) IMF will be held on the newly renovated Historic Fourth Ward Park and the adjacent Masquerade Park. I’m very interested to see how the stages are set up. There are definitely lots of option for the organizers. One thing is certain, the backdrop of the city will give the fest a unique atmosphere.
Iris Presents has put on hundreds of events in Atlanta, Georgia. I am excited to see what they can do with Imagine Music Festival. With three stages, water features, art installations, gourmet food vendors, abundant bars, FREE water stations, and re-energize zones it is definitely shaping up to be a successful event. I hope they can make it all happen! This is definitely going to be an important event for the Atlanta EDM scene.
Some general info about the festival:
– Gates open at 11:00 AM, music starts at noon, and is done by 11:00 PM (very strict noise ordinances here…but don’t worry….there will be lots of after party options)
– IMF will be an 18+ event
– Early Bird Tickets are $100 for General Admission right now but are 96% sold out (the price will rise to $150 soon)
– Purchase tickets here >>> http://www.imaginefestival.com/tickets.html
THE LIST of items prohibited and recommended
NO Glass containers of any kind
NO Weapons of any kind
NO Paint of any kind including paint markers and spray paint
NO Illegal Substances
NO Open Fires
NO Vending without permit allowed
NO Bicycles, scooters, go carts, or ATVs
NO Professional photo or video equipment
NO Pets, leave your pets at home
NO Coolers allowed in concert area
NO Box trucks
YES Empty Camelbacks
YES Glow Gloves & Gear
YES Awesome Totems
1) Parking will probably be a nightmare. There aren’t a lot of parking lots around the park. The festival has noted that there will be reserved lots at the Atlanta Medical Center, where shuttles will run to and from the festival. I would definitely recommend using public transportation, like Marta, to get to and from the festival safely and easily. For more tips >>> http://imaginefestival.com/transportation.html
2) August is hot in Atlanta. Hydrate yourself before, during and after the festival!!!!
3) There is no re-entry. Plan accordingly.
4) If you’re going to stay in a hotel, you better book it soon! It’s going to be a busy weekend in Atlanta! Here are some hotels in the area (with distance to the venue) >>> http://www.imaginefestival.com/hotels.html
Ok, so now I can talk about the lineup!!! It’s glorious!!! Pretty much an EDM fan’s dream. Iris Presents and the organizers really did a great job collecting a variety of artists that span genres and styles.