You may be a spring chicken and capable of going all weekend at your favorite music festival on ramen, water and 2 hours of sleep… buuuuut the rest of us need a bit of help making it through the weekend while staying 100% or at least close to it. The fact is, the older we get the harder it gets to make it through a 3 day weekend of booze, fried food, very little sleep, and other random substances that may or may not make their way into our bloodstream, on just the high of the music alone.
The music itself can absolutely keep you moving through the weekend but for those of us that would like to feel as good as we possibly can and even prevent a lot of the post-festival come down/hangover, we have a few things to keep in mind. If there is anything you think we should add to this list that has worked for you be sure to tweet us at @festsurvival.
Preparing For The Festival Weekend
Obviously, the excitement of the upcoming festival weekend is enough to make adding anything to your to-do list seem like a terrible idea, but we would propose that following list of things to do in order to help prepare your mind and body for the festival will be worth every step. After all you are spending a lot of money on these tickets, you may as well get out of it as much as you can!
- Nourishment – Eat as healthy as possible all week to nourish your body with essentials you are likely not going to get the weekend of.
- Sleep – Get as much sleep as possible so your body is well rested as you will likely not get much due to late nights filled with good times.
- Exercise – Get some exercise the week leading up to the festival to help boost your energy levels and prepare your body for all the time you will spend on your feet.
- Get your vitamin C! – the last thing you want is a weak immune system to make you sick leading up to or at the festival. Everything mentioned above and the addition of some good old-fashioned Vit C will help prevent those odds.
What To Take To The Festival
Alright, you have done all you can to prepare for a weekend of debauchery but don’t hit the road without a few things to help you maintain this level of awesome. These items will not only help you stay healthy throughout the weekend but they are sure to help you enjoy your whole experience.
- Nuun Hydration Tablets With Essential Electrolytes – These are a must-have for the summer festivals when you are in the sun all day! It would even be a great idea to put them in your Camelbak
- Nuun Hydration Electrolytes + Caffeine – these are basically the same as the above-mentioned ones but contain caffeine if you need a little pick me up but don’t have access to a Starbucks.
- Super Greens are a great way to keep your energy levels high while detoxing a bit. It is also unlikely you will be eating any salads out there this weekend. 😉
- B Vitamins are essential for balanced energy and something your body certainly needs to be replenished after a long day of festival goodness.
- When it is time to wind down some Sleep Aid can certainly come in handy.
Post Festival Recovery
You made it! Good times were had, you have some amazing memories and some awesome stories to tell your friends to encourage them to come with you next year. But wait, what, you have to work tomorrow? Sucks, but a part of the process. If you followed the above advice there is a good chance you don’t feel nearly as terrible as you might have, had you not taken our advice. But regardless, you have used and abused yourself this weekend so detox is in order.
Super Algae is going to be your best bet to get all of the nasties out of your body as quickly as possible. These along with pretty much everything recommended above will help your recovery process and get you back into the real world with minimal downtime.
Another great way to cleanse would be to get a good sweat in. Hit the gym, go for a run, hop on your bike, do whatever you do to open up those pores and spill that funk.
We hope you found this useful and if there is anything that has worked for you that we have not mentioned feel free to tweet us at @festsurvival.
The links in this post are affiliate links to Amazon, which do not cost you any extra when purchasing, and provide us with a small commission if you purchase. We do this in order to keep the site free and clear of annoying advertisements, we hope you dig.
If there is anything you think we are missing from this post free to tweet us @festsurvival, hit us up on Facebook, or email us at email@example.com with your suggestions or questions.